Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Babies Don't Keep




Just a little over 9 months ago, my whole world changed. Never had I known I could love someone so much. I had the wonderful blessing of meeting my son, Harrison. From the second they laid him upon my chest I was changed forever.



I never realized how quickly time passes until I had him. Everyone told me "you won't believe how fast it goes" and I can't believe how right they all were. Time, if you're listening.. slow down.


Becoming a mom has been the greatest thing that has happened to me. This little person has become my whole world. Unknowingly he is making me become the best mother, the best friend, the best wife, the best sister, the best daughter, the best person that I can be. 



I know a lot women who are going to be becoming mothers soon, they ask me what is the best piece of advice I can give them. It is this:

Cherish every moment

People aren't joking when they say it goes by fast. It seems like yesterday I had my son and today he is crawling all over the place, trying to put words together, and is close to taking his first solo steps. I found this poem after I had Harrison and I urge other mom's to take it's advice. 


The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
But children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.
~ Ruth Hulbert Hamilton
 



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, Mal! They really do grow up fast...Harrison is such a cutie! & You're a terrific mommy! He's lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete