Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Time

As a mother you learn to appreciate the small things in life. My living room currently looks like a tornado went through it and I am right in the middle of it all. My son isn't satisfied until every toy he possesses is covering the floor. I have a pile of laundry that needs to be hung up, another pile that needs to be washed, dishes that need to be put away, and a dinner to prepare for tonight. But as my son takes his afternoon nap, I am basking in the silence and enjoying having to do nothing, even if it is just for a short time.

My Time

Oh how seldom we meet and how nice it is to see you once in awhile. I can finally get back to writing here, edit pictures, play Words With Friends if I want to. Even when I do get some down time and get to do what I want, I still find myself anxious for my son to awake (crazy how that works). I love playing with him, I love trying to teach him new things, I love hearing him put together new words every single day, I love this little person he his becoming. To know that I am playing a role in that? Well I just think that is the most awesome thing ever, and I wouldn't want my time to go anywhere else.



Fellow moms, what do you do when you get a few minutes to yourself? Are you crazy like me and can't wait to get back to the chaos of motherhood? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment